Marla lives near Fredericton, NB Canada with her two favourite scallywags and several fish. She loves to tell stories – both real and imagined – through urban sketching, painting, illustration, and writing. She is a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators and a friend to CANSCAIP. She has been published by Chicken Soup for the Soul and Skipping Stones Magazine. Her picture book debut, Pirate Year Round (2019), was published by Acorn Press. Her art can be found in private collections in Canada, USA, and Australia as well as at several NB schools.
Marla enjoys connecting with students and has participated in several Artist Residencies in NB schools where she helped students create their own works of art.
Wondering how to pronounce my last name? Listen to it here. Yes, it is a French-Canadian name! I’m anglophone but my husband is from a bilingual family & grew up in Montreal. Yes, I do speak French!
- AWOL: Orca Books (forthcoming, 2022)
- We Wear Masks: Orca Books (2020)
- Broken Crayons by Patsy Dingwell: Acorn Press (2020)
- Pirate, Year Round: Acorn Press (2019). Marla’s picture book debut is a four story volume about a sweet little peg-legged pirate.
- Cactus Comics (2018). A self-published mini-comic about ordinary house cacti who decide to become superheroes.
- A Song for Dedi in Chicken Soup for the Soul: Christmas in Canada. (2014)
- Cover Art & accompanying short article for Skipping Stones literary magazine 2015 Spring Issue
Please feel free to contact me via email: MarlaLesage@yahoo.com or via the form below.